When building your wellness business it’s great to offer discounted and free sessions to get people in the door, giving them a taste of your style and how much their life could positively change by working with you. What you don’t want are the people who will take advantage of the free sessions and then disappear. Here are some tips on finding high-end clientele who are serious about making some changes, take you and your business seriously and most importantly, have the money to pay you!
1. Location. Location. Location. Put yourself in a part of town where the clients you want to work with hangout.
Do they go to a certain gym, take classes, play a sport or even grocery shop at certain places? Put yourself in their shoes and start getting creative about ways to reach out to them.
2. Concierge Quality Service. High-end clients want someone who can impact their life in a holistic way, including their family.
You are with your clients for such a limited time each day or week. How can you help them reach their goals the rest of the time?
Do you check in with them, offer other services, give them resources to succeed? If you haven’t been, start doing this now. Articles, handouts, books, tools they can use at home, tips on feeding their family healthy meals, etc. If you come across something that may benefit them, send it their way. They’ll thank you and think of you as much more than just their trainer.
3. Referrals. Referrals. Once you find a client that is your optimal client, ask them for referrals as their circle of friends are most likely just like them.
And don’t be afraid to ask. When others like someone or something, they naturally want to share it!
If someone doesn’t like to workout alone, offer to make it a group session. Hold “bring a friend or family member” workouts once a week or once a month. Gift them their first workout and follow up to see how they felt afterwards.
4. Know your niche.
Those additional things you’re interested in (nutrition, cooking, working with a specific population, sports, grocery shopping, etc) they are your TALENT! Not everyone else has these abilities - include them in your services to provide a true lifestyle enhancement that people will happily pay for!
5. Maybe you come from a humble background and you have dreams of training celebrities in their big, fancy homes but it’s a little intimidating.
Keep in mind high-end clients are used to being the “king or queen of their domain” in high power, demanding jobs. If they are looking to hire someone to help them with their health and fitness, that means this isn’t an area of their life that they are in charge or knowledgeable in, so they’re looking to you to be confident in your skills to help them achieve success in this area of their life.
Get to know them, their family, their struggles and goals. Follow up on things they mentioned from the previous workout. Focus on how you can best serve them. And before you know it, they’ll be referring you to their neighbors!
6. Do they play golf or tennis or get massages from a certain professional? Talk to these professionals, give them free sessions, ask if they’d like to work together and be your “go to” person in their field for referrals, growing both of your businesses.
If you haven’t already, start using Podify. With a built in, monetary referral system on top of all the other business running basics (easy to use scheduling, billing, and client management) you can’t go wrong!